Technical Support Engineer
We are looking to recruit a Technical Support Engineer with at least two years work experience, providing software and hardware support and network troubleshooting, supporting our internal business departments.
Reporting to the IT manager, the engineer will be responsible for both 1st and 2nd line technical support activities. Assisting with both server and desktop environments and their associated operating systems and application support. The role will also include some involvement in networking troubleshooting areas and some exposure to related hardware products. The role will also include some first line support tasks such as answering and logging incoming support calls, change requests and related day to day housekeeping tasks.
To be successful in this role the individual will need to:
· Co-operate and work closely within the business to ensure efficient, productive and high quality technical support via email, telephone and in person.
· Log, triage and manage incoming support requests, received via telephone, e-mail, and monitoring alerts.
· Incident escalation as and when required within the business and with suppliers.
· Provision & modification of new and existing services including (but not exclusive to) Internet access, domains, backup and e-mail services etc.
· Liaise with third party suppliers to report, manage and escalate customer problems.
· Produce documentation to acceptable levels, this including both ticket update and also our own technical support information.
Key Skills Requirements
The Successful candidate will need to demonstrate the following skills:
· Technical knowledge of Microsoft Windows on both desktop and server environments, and in-conjunction with other associated industry standard products
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Teamwork skills
· A logical approach and initiative to problem solving/analysing
· Self-motivated, enthusiastic, and willingness to learn
· Good time management, organisational and prioritisation skills
· Ability to communicate technical information to non-IT colleagues
· Flexibility and adaptability
Experience and Certifications
The Successful candidate will need to demonstrate the following experience with appropriate certification desirable:
· Windows Desktop Operating systems Inc. Win 7 & Win 10
· Microsoft Office
· Windows Server 2008, 2012, 2016 support and administration.
· Hypervisor solutions Inc. VMWare support and administration.
· Microsoft Exchange support and administration.
· Understanding of networking infrastructure including troubleshooting, support and administration of LAN / WLAN / WAN
· Endpoint protection skills including configuration and administration.
· Backup solutions including Veeam, desirable but not essential.
· Investigating hardware faults including printer configuration.